Download PDF by Alan A. Stocker: Analog VLSI Circuits for the Perception of Visual Motion
By Alan A. Stocker
Analog and parallel processing are key features of organic neural networks. Analog VLSI circuits utilizing a similar positive factors can hence be constructed to emulate brain-style processing. utilizing ordinary CMOS know-how, they are often cost effectively synthetic, allowing effective commercial and buyer functions in robotics and cellular electronics.
This e-book explores the idea, layout and implementation of analog VLSI circuits, encouraged by way of visible movement processing in organic neural networks. utilizing a unique strategy pioneered by means of the writer himself, Stocker explains intimately the development of a chain of digital chips, supplying the reader with a invaluable useful perception into the technology.
Analog VLSI Circuits for the conception of visible Motion:
- analyses the computational difficulties in visible movement perception;
- examines the problem of optimization in analog networks via excessive point approaches equivalent to movement segmentation and selective attention;
- demonstrates community implementation in analog VLSI CMOS expertise to supply computationally effective devices;
- sets out measurements of ultimate implementation;
- illustrates the similarities of the awarded circuits with the human visible movement conception system;
- includes an accompanying web site with movies of circuits lower than real-time visible stipulations and extra supplementary material.
With a whole overview of all current neuromorphic analog VLSI platforms for visible movement sensing, Analog VLSI Circuits for the notion of visible Motion is a special reference for complex scholars in electric engineering, man made intelligence, robotics and computational neuroscience. it is going to even be invaluable for researchers, pros, and electronics engineers operating within the field.
Read or Download Analog VLSI Circuits for the Perception of Visual Motion PDF
Similar pattern recognition programming books
This booklet addresses the necessity for a unified framework describing how gentle computing and computer studying ideas may be judiciously formulated and utilized in development effective development reputation versions. The textual content stories either demonstrated and state of the art learn, delivering a cautious stability of concept, algorithms, and purposes, with a selected emphasis given to purposes in computational biology and bioinformatics.
From the participation of researchers in most crucial foreign meetings within the box, it really is famous that actions in computerized rfile processing were constantly becoming. This ebook is an edited quantity in electronic rfile Processing the place the chapters are written via numerous across the world well known researchers within the area.
Learning-Based neighborhood visible illustration and Indexing, reports the cutting-edge in visible content material illustration and indexing, introduces state of the art thoughts in studying dependent visible illustration, and discusses rising subject matters in visible neighborhood illustration, and introduces the latest advances in content-based visible seek options.
This ebook constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the second one foreign Workshop on Patch-Based innovations in scientific pictures, Patch-MI 2016, which used to be held along with MICCAI 2016, in Athens, Greece, in October 2016. The 17 average papers awarded during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 25 submissions.
- Computer Vision – ECCV 2016: 14th European Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, October 11-14, 2016, Proceedings, Part V (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Alternative Breast Imaging: Four Model-based Approaches: 778 (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Emotion@Web: Emotionale Websites durch Bewegtbild und Sound-Design (X.media.press) (German Edition)
- Mapping and Visualization with SuperCollider
- Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing: 14th Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, MICAI 2015, Cuernavaca, Morelos, ... Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing: Recent Trends: 19 (Computational Methods in Applied Sciences)
Extra resources for Analog VLSI Circuits for the Perception of Visual Motion
Analog VLSI Circuits for the Perception of Visual Motion by Alan A. Stocker